How To: Enable File & Printer Sharing Windows/Surface RT
There are some features that don’t come enabled or Microsoft says isn’t possible on a Windows RT or Microsoft Surface RT tablet. You may have already mapped your SkyDrive to a drive letter for your tablet, but now you want to share the files, folders, or printers available on your Windows RT or Surface RT tablet and didn’t see an option. Well, luckily you found this work around guide where I show you how to enable file and folder sharing on your Windows RT or Surface RT.
Enabling File & Folder Sharing on Windows RT
- After you’ve loaded up your Microsoft Windows RT or Surface RT tablet, at the Start Screen, just start typing “Administrative Tools”. Then click “settings”, then click “Administrative Tools“
- Open up “Services”
- Right click (or do a long press on the touch screen) on “Server“
- Then from the drop down menu, select “Automatic“
- Press APPLY
- Then, under “Service Status“, press “Start“
- Press OK. (I would personally restart the Surface RT or Windows RT tablet at this point)
- Right click any folder or file in the file browser of your Surface RT, and select Share as, do what you want, click OK
I hope this guide works for you to share your files, folder, and printers on your Surface RT or Windows RT tablet device and access it anywhere. This allows one more step towards making the RT version of Windows be like it’s big brother, Windows 8 Pro.
If this was helpful, please do share. If you had any issues, don’t hesitate to comment and I will do my best to help.
Source Credit: Jwelhouse
Leave a Comment